Restylane - Skin Savvy USA
Restylane® is a smooth volumetric gel filler that is primarily used to rejuvenate the lower face. Restylane® is an FDA-approved hyaluronic acid gel filler designed to smooth facial lines, fill creases, and restore volume to the nasolabial folds and smile lines around the lips. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance which is safe and reliable for long-term correction of facial aging.
Skin Savvy licensed providers have significant experience with Restylane® injections and will listen to your goals and evaluate your face to determine if Restylane® is the right product for your in-office facial rejuvenation.
Restylane range of products is designed to help to:
- Refine your facial features by lifting and shaping contours, filling lines and wrinkles or creating natural volume
- Refresh your skin from within with a boost of deep hydration, for a refreshed and vibrant look that lasts
How does restylane work?
Restylane is a cosmetic dermal filler made of clear hyaluronic acid gel, a natural substance that already exists in the human body. The hyaluronic acid creates volume in the face, giving it a healthy, youthful appearance. When Restylane is injected directly into areas where the body’s collagen has been weakened, depressions can be raised to the level of surrounding skin. This smoothes and minimizes facial lines and most types of scars. In addition, skin texture is improved and has a softer and more even tone.
The different types of Restylane filler
Restylane includes a collection of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers that are each specifically designed to target certain areas. This line of dermal fillers includes:
- Restylane – Add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, including the nasolabial folds (the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth).
- Restylane Silk – Add fullness and definition to lips with natural-looking results after just one treatment. It is also ideal to help smooth the wrinkles and lines around the mouth.
- Restylane Lyft (formerly called Perlane) – Used to increase volume and smooth wrinkles in the mid-face/cheek area and nasolabial folds. Restylane Lyft was also recently the first hyaluronic acid filler to be approved by the FDA for age-related volume loss in the back of hands.
- Restylane Refyne and Defyne – Specially formulated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for correction of moderate to severe deep facial wrinkles and folds (such as the nasolabial folds).
- New! Restylane Kysse – newest filler to the Restylane line. It is designed to enhance the lip volume and minimize the appearance of fine lines above the mouth with a natural look and feel.
What to expect during a Restylane treatment?
Restylane is injected directly into the skin in tiny amounts by an ultrafine needle, resulting in minimal discomfort. The procedure is simple and quick, and results are practically instantaneous. A dental block or numbing cream may be used before the Restylane treatment to optimize your comfort during the short procedure.
How long does restylane last?
Restylane effects last up to 18 months with optimal treatment.